With the BBC announcing today that the number of people infected with coronavirus has jumped from 59 to 85 we have created a guide to hand washing. Please feel free to download this for your own use. This guide is based on the guidelines published by the World Health Organisation. I have simplified the language & added Boris Johnson’s hint of singing Happy Birthday twice to remind people to keep washing for longer than usual.
If you are a regular customer & would like us to send you a laminated copy of this guide with your next order, please call us on 0117 305 1980.
Other hints are:
- Wash your hands more frequently than usual.
- Use alcohol gel if you are are not able to access soap & water. Although we are currently out of stock, we are still taking orders which we will ship as soon as the gel comes in from our suppliers. This is on a 1st come 1st serve basis, so please reserve your stock by ordering now.
- Use paper hand towels not hand dryers. Single-use paper towels are the most hygienic method of hand drying.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth & nose.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue & dispose of it. If you do not have a tissue, then cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Touch surfaces such as handrails, lift buttons & door handles as little as possible. Sanitise these surfaces with clinical wipes as often as possible. We currently still have stock of these, but our stocks are depleting quickly.
- Keep away from unwell people.
- If you think you have symptoms, don’t visit your doctors or a hospital. Instead, go online to the NHS advice page where you will be asked questions that will lead to advice specific to your case.