Free UK Delivery on all Orders Over £75

Your Questions Answered… Vol.3

OSCS News 20-May-24 | By Steve

Your Questions Answered… Vol.3

group of confused people with ? above their heads

At One Stop Cleaning Shop we get dozens of questions every day from customers asking us “How do I clean my oven?”, “How do I remove the stains from my woollen carpet?”, “How do I unblock my vacuum?”

So much so, that here are the top 5 questions we been asked already this year… and our best answers to them!

1. My Vacuum isn’t sucking… What can I do?

If you are having any sort of issues with your vacuum, your first option is to become the ‘vacuum cleaner’ and make sure your vacuum is fit for purpose… If a vacuum has poor suction, or overheats and stops working, it is almost certainly due to a blockage in the tools. A blockage will cause the machine to overheat and temporarily cut-out until it cools down.

  1. To test, remove the hose and drop a coin down it. Repeat this process with the rods and floor tool.
  2. If the tools are clear, please check there is no blockage inside the machine where the bag connects to the drum.

2. My carpet is a mess! How do I get rid of these stains…?

Carpets are the number one notorious place to get stains and spills on them, whether it be by children, or by you personally spilling food or drink. But the question is, how fast should you clean carpet stains? The moment they happen? Once they’ve dried?

We got the perfect product and method for you which works well on cleaning all sorts of stays, be it fresh or old! One of our go to products is Stain-Pro. To use this product, you need to have a pair of gloves and a cloth handy. We recommend the microfibre cloth as this will pick up the dirt easily. If the stain is fresh, soak up as much of the drink as you can. If it is food, clear all of the food up before beginning with the cleaning. We think this product is fantastic at removing stains from carpet. Like with most stains it will work best when on fresh stains but it can even tackle old carpet stains!

As with all carpet cleaning, always use in a small inconspicuous place first. Also, not all products are suitable for a woolen carpet.

3. I want to clean in an eco-friendly way… Help me!

Unfortunately, many conventional cleaning products are loaded with harmful chemicals and come in single-use plastic packaging that can end up in landfills and oceans.

By making the switch to plastic-free, eco-friendly cleaning products, you can keep your home or business sparkling clean while also reducing your environmental impact. Why not check out our ECO-ONE plastic-free range of cleaning chemicals. They are sachets which when added to water create the desired chemicals. Saving you money, transport weight, space, and most importantly, helping to save the planet too!
In this Blog, we explore the reasons why going plastic-free when cleaning is important and provide you with easy tips to make the transition.

4. What can I use to make my floors look polished?

This is such a common question! We all love a nice shiny looking floor, but how do can we acheieve it? First thing’s first… you need to pick the right machine for the size of the job! There’s no point spending £2,000 on a rotary polishing machine when you only have a small reception area to clean! Take a look at our range of Rotary Polishers & Scrubbers – many of which will show you the cleaning range/time/size/floor type to narrow down your search. Secondly – pads – White is the colour for polishing, and our best option would be these pads which come in a variety of sizes to fit any machine. Lastly, make it last! We recommend using a polish & sealant to complete the clean, so check out our options for this here.

If you’re still having trouble picking the correct machine for the job, then take a look in our “How To” section in our Blog for the best way to polish specific flooring types.

5. I want to place an order, but how do I know if you have stock?

Most of the products on our website are in stock at our warehouse in Bristol, and are available for next-day delivery* or for collection at our trade counter in Bedminster.

We hold most of our chemicals and accessories in stock so you can order without worry. Be sure to check the icon above the product image on our website which shows the current stock levels (see image below).

Sometimes if this message isn’t showing it means that the item is usually a special-order item from one of our  manufacturers (such as a housekeeping trolley or larger machine). These items can still be ordered, but there will therefore be a slightly longer wait for delivery than usual.

Please note that any clearance items are limited stock, so you will only be able to order as many of one item as we have in stock at the time.

in stock example

98% of orders are delivered the next working day. If you live in mainland England or Wales & most of Scotland & you order before 3.30pm & we have the item in stock, you will receive your order on the next working day. As we nearly always have the items in stock we can state that you have a 98% chance of receiving it the next day. For the 2% of orders that cannot be fulfilled immediately, we will be in touch via telephone to keep you fully informed as to when you will receive the item.

We have three main classes of delivery these are as follows:

Next Day – These items will arrive the following working day (Mon – Fri) if you place your order before 3.30pm on a week day. If you do not see the ‘Free Next Day’ message and require your item the following working day please call us as we can often arrange this for you either free of charge or for a small fee.
Standard Delivery
Small Items – This covers things such as vacuum bags, hoses, and other smaller accessories. These are generally dispatched the same day but are sent by post on a 3–5 day service. If delivery is to be any longer than this we will phone you within 24 hours to advise of the delay.
Built to order – Built to order items are generally delivered within 5 working days, however delivery times up to 3 weeks can be common on some items. If you require a delivery urgently for a built to order item please phone us before ordering to get an estimated delivery time.

*If you still need your questions answered, they why not pop along to our Open Day this July*

open day 2024 leaflet


Do you have any top tips, or cleaning hacks you’d like to share?

social media contact us

Follow us on our socials and let us know: